How to Analyse All Emails in Outlook?
If you want to analyse all emails in Outlook, then read this article at the end. To understand different ways to read data in Outlook.
Microsoft Outlook is the world’s most famous email client, and users regularly use it to send or receive a large number of emails. It is not only used for email management; you can also use it to manage your contacts, calendars, and other mail items. Microsoft also created file formats to save, import, and export the data in Outlook. They are PST and OST files; the OST file is created using IMAP accounts, and the PST file is created using POP accounts.
The OST file is used when a user loses an internet connection and wants to view the data in Outlook offline mode. When the connection is restored, it synchronises with the exchange server and updates the file. PST files, on the other hand, are used to save your data to your local computer storage. You can also use this file to import or export Outlook data. We have given you an introduction to Outlook. Now, we can see how you can read emails in Outlook.
Methods to Analyse All Emails in Outlook
If the emails are in the Outlook program, then they are easy to view. You just click on the emails and see the content of the email messages and associated attachments. However, if you have stored emails in PST file format, then you have to first import them into the program and then view them. All this can easily happen in Outlook, but if you do not have the program, there is a third-party tool that doesn’t need to open the file. You can directly view the file. So, there are two methods to read data in Outlook.
- Manual method: import emails into the program and view the content.
- Third-party tool: use the tool to analyse your emails.
Manual Method to Read All Emails in Outlook
You can view the file by importing PST file emails, and for analysis, you can go to the properties option of the file.
- Open Outlook, then click on File option.
- Select Open & Export and then the Import/Export option.
- Click on Outlook Data File (.pst) and browse the location of the file.
- After selecting the file, click on Import, and your file will open in the program.
- Now, to view the emails, Go to the one inbox where your emails are imported.
- Select one email message and click the File option.
- Choose the Properties option. On the Internet Headers box, you can see the information about that email. Repeat the same steps to view the rest of the emails.
Limitations of the Manual Method
As you can see by following these steps, in order to view the information in all emails, you have to check emails one by one, which takes a lot of time. Similarly, there are other drawbacks that you can face while using this method.
- You cannot view attachments properly.
- There are chances that you can lose some of the data during the process.
- It doesn’t have proper options to do in-depth analysis.
So this method cannot properly do as much analysis as you want. But don’t worry; there is another method for this.
Analyse Outlook Emails using Third-party Software
The manual method to analyse all emails in Outlook is easy and free to use. But if you don’t have Outlook or don’t provide a satisfactory result, Then, the FreeViewer Outlook PST Viewer Tool can be a great option in this situation. It is one of the tools that allows you to view a PST file without opening it in Outlook. This software also provides many features to help you with an in-depth analysis of your file.
Features of Software
- The software allows users to view all inbox emails at one time.
- It offers eight preview modes to read the file, such as HEX, HTML, properties, attachments, RTF, message headers, normal mail view, and MIME.
- You can view contacts, calendars, emails, tasks, notes, and journals.
- Users can view any type of file, like a normal, damaged, or corrupted PST file.
- It provides a scanning option to scan the files.
Steps to Analyse Outlook Emails
- Download and launch the software. Go to the Add File option of the software.
- Browse the location of the PST file emails that you want. If the files are corrupted, then click on the Advance scan option. Press the Add File option.
- Now, your file will display at the centre of the screen. You can now view the content of the file.
- After that, click on the Contact, Calendar, Folder List, and Task List to read the data.
- Preview the data in various preview modes. Click on Sent, received, to, subject to view email information.
In this article, we explain two methods to analyse all emails in Outlook. The manual method is free, but it is very time-consuming; therefore, the third-party tool is a great option, as you have given various options to do in-depth analysis of your files.