How to Prepare for Knee Replacement Surgery
If you are not aware of how you should prepare yourself for your complete or partial knee replacement in Rajouri Garden, this is the right place. In this article, you will find it all explained strategically into different categories for your better understanding.
For Tests Before Partial Knee Replacement in Rajouri Garden
You will have to undergo a few tests before the surgery for partial knee replacement in Rajouri Garden. These tests are usually done a month before the surgery. Irrespective of the types of tests, performed, you must prepare yourself to discuss a few specific matters with the surgeon. Prepare a list to discuss the following:
- Dietary restrictions
- Advanced directives
- Allergies and medical conditions
- Supplements and medicines you currently take
- Primary care requirements
Most importantly, bring along one of your friends or family members with you during the appointment and while visiting the clinic after the process for follow-up. This will ensure better support and understanding.
Preparing for the Surgery
From weight management to exercises, there are lot to do before the surgery for partial knee replacement in Rajouri Garden.
If you are overweight, you must try to reduce to lower the risks of complications and infections. In addition to a proper diet with less calorie intake, you will also have to exercise according to your limitations and physical abilities.
Keep the following things in mind while taking your meals:
- Eat in controlled portions
- Eat at regular intervals
- Eat slowly
- Eat calories than drinking them
- Maintain your calorie intake and
- Drink a lot of water.
You must also prepare for blood loss during the surgery. Before surgery, doctors may suggest having iron supplements. This will increase the supply of blood and reduce the requirement for blood transfusion.
On the other hand, if the supply is good, the doctor may even suggest you donate your blood if required.
Suggest to read :- Hip Arthritis: Disease And Its Types
On the Day of Day before Surgery
One day before the surgery for partial knee replacement in Rajouri Garden you must complete your packing things to carry with you to the hospital or clinic, such as:
- Crutches or walkers, if you use them
- Items for dental care
- Clothes, robe, and slip-on and
- Your ID.
Additionally, you may carry your mobile phone. Do not carry valuables, wallets, watches, or jewellery.
Have your meal long before midnight and go to bed early for enough rest.
On the day as well as a couple of days before surgery, make sure you have a proper bath with antibacterial soap. Take the medications if and as instructed with just a sip of water before leaving for the clinic.
Changes in Lifestyle
In addition, you will also have to make some little changes in your lifestyle to recover from complete or partial knee replacement in Rajouri Garden faster and easier.
- Give up smoking as it will help in the healing process of the bones and tissues. It will also help your body to avert infections. If you quit before the surgery, it is even better. It will reduce the risks involved in the process.
- Do not consume alcohol or alcoholic beverages as well before surgery. This will prevent dehydration and increased bleeding.
- If you suffer from any dental issues, do not undergo any cure process six weeks before and three months after the partial knee replacement in Rajouri Garden. The new joint may be infected by the germs potentially entering into your blood.
- There are a few particular medicines such as blood thinners to avoid before and after the surgery. Take only those that are recommended by the surgeon to avert complications during and after the process.
You must also make some arrangements in your home for proper recovery after partial knee replacement in Rajouri Garden.
For example, you must arrange for a nurse or caretaker to stay with you around the clock in your home for a few days after the surgical process.
In addition, you may also have to make some specific modifications, such as:
- Install a toilet seat lift
- Shower chair
- Adjust bed height
- Rearrange things in the bathroom, kitchen, closet, and dresser for easy access
- Remove cords, rugs, cables, or any other tripping hazards
The chances of better results of partial knee replacement will be higher if you prepare yourself in a better way before and after the procedure. This will also ensure a much quicker recovery.